Developing a Strategic Plan for our Network
We are excited to embark on developing a new strategic plan for our health network.
The timing is right. It’s been a year since we’ve come together as a network and we’ve made much progress in terms of integration. Tim has joined us as our new president and CEO ready to lead us into the future.
Externally, the health system is changing. We have a new government. There are advances in technology and approaches to care. Our patients and communities are more engaged in their care.
Strategic planning will help us understand the changing environment, describe a vision of what health care will look like in the future, and develop a plan to get us there together.
The work is already underway! The following phases of work describe the overall journey. This will evolve as our work together progresses, so please check back here often for updates and news.
Building the foundation: our mission and values
July to September
- Staff and public engagement: mission and values survey
- Aug 1: one-year anniversary of our integration – mission and values day
- Mission on the Move – consultations across our sites
- Targeted stakeholder engagement
September to October
- Finalize our mission and values
Understanding our environment and what the future might look like
August to October
- Exploring strengths, challenges, opportunities and threats
- Understanding the changing external environment and health system
- Develop a picture of what the health system might look like in the future
- Develop options for a single Vision Statement for our Network
Engagement consultation and testing
October to December
- Engage our stakeholders (staff, physicians, patients, communities) on a potential vision statement
- Develop and test strategic themes and directions
- Based on consultations, develop a draft plan and roadmap for the future
Finalizing our strategy
November to January
- Further consultations on draft directions
- Work to finalize the strategic plan
- Prepare across the network for launch of strategic plan